Amid Lockdown 3.0 enforced due to novel coronavirus pandemic, the citizens of Pune, Pimpri Chinchwad and others in the state of Maharashtra are allowed to travel in the state and also outside the state. However, the citizens must obtain a valid travel e-pass from Maharashtra Police.
Here is how you can apply for the travel e-pass:
1. Visit the official website: https://covid19.mhpolice.in/
2. Fill in your details - Name, Mobile number, Reason for travelling, dates you wish to travel, your vehicle type and number, etc. (Note: The application form should be filled in English only)
3. Attach your photo and relevant documents including the doctor's certificate and click on submit. (Note: The size of the photo should not exceed 200 KB and the size of the relevant document should not exceed 1 MB).
4. After submitting the application, you will receive a token ID. Save it, and use it to check the status of your application.
5. After the verification and approval by the concerned departments, you can download the travel e-pass using the token ID.
6. The e-pass will contain your details, vehicle number, validity and a QR code.
7. Keep a soft/hard copy with you while travelling and show it to the police when asked.
8. It is a punishable offence to copy, misuse or use it after the valid date or without authorization.
Meanwhile, 25,922 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Maharashtra and the death toll in the state is nearing 1000. Mumbai has over 15,000 patients and Pune has over 3,000 coronavirus positive patients.
21.40% is the COVID-19 recovery rate in the state and 3.76% is the mortality rate.