Advertisement

Bhopal

Updated on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 01:27 PM IST

Madhya Pradesh: One dies, five sustain injuries due to electrocution during immersion procession in Bina town

The incident took place at Basahari village near Bina town, when nearly two dozen devotees were taking a Ganesh Idol for immersion in a pond.
Representative Photo |

Representative Photo |

Advertisement

Sagar (Madhya Pradesh): A man died and five others sustained serious injuries due to electrocution during the immersion procession of Ganesh idol in Bina town of Sagar district late on Sunday evening, sources said on Monday.

The incident took place at Basahari village near Bina town, when nearly two dozen devotees were taking a Ganesh Idol for immersion in a pond.

The Idol was being carried on a tractor trolley. While passing through a high tension electricity supply line, an iron rod of the tractor trolley came into contact with the high tension line. The electricity spread across the tractor trolley and people who were present in the tractor trolley got electrocuted. The tractor trolley also caught fire.

While Laxmi Narayan Tiwari, 45, died because of electric shock, five others identified as Sanchit Katare, 11, Ajay Litoriya, 27, Prakash Sahu, 15, Pushpendra Tiwari, 23, and Laxmi Narayan Katare, 65 have sustained serious burn injuries.

According to information, the condition of Laxmi Narayan Katare is critical and he has been referred to a hospital in Sagar.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Advertisement
Published on: Monday, September 20, 2021, 01:27 PM IST
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement