FPJ Poll: 57% of cricket fans back PBKS to win against RR in today's IPL match

The poll, undertaken by Free Press Journal on Twitter indicates lead for the Punjab Kings over Rajasthan Royals side as they collected 57.1% votes.The Royals on the other hand picked 42.9% votes.

FPJ Web DeskUpdated: Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 08:17 PM IST
article-image
Rajasthan Royals Vs Punjab Kings | Photo: Representative Image

As Punjab Kings elect to bowl against Rajasthan Royals in their opening encounter of the second leg of the IPL 2021 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, they will be walking the field as fan favorites as per a poll by FPJ on Twitter.

Notably, both the teams have been severly affected by player unavailability and injuries coming into the UAE leg of the season. Along with Jofra Archer and Ben Stokes, RR has lost the services of star batsman Jos Buttler and Andrew Tye. They have been replaced by Oshane Thomas, Glenn Phillips, Evin Lewis, and Tabraiz Shamsi in the roaster.

The poll, undertaken by Free Press Journal on Twitter indicates lead for the Punjab Kings over Rajasthan Royals side as they collected 57.1% votes.The Royals on the other hand picked 42.9% votes.

This play sees two teams in desperate need of a victory to keep their hopes for a playoff berth alive. Both PBKS and RR currently have six points, but the game is all more crucial for KL Rahul's boys as they've played one more game than RR, leaving their match result here more critical.

The initial encounter at the Dubai Stadium which was scaled out amid COVID-19 saw a pitch that had a lot of assistance for pacers which could play into the hands of Rajasthan Royals' impressive pace unit comprising of Mustafizur Rehman, Chris Morris, Chetan Sakariya, Kartik Tyagi and Jaydev Unadkat.

However, Punjab's strong batting squad led by KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, and Chris Gayle will give them the edge in the encounter and makes them likely to emerge victorious in the encounter.

Playing XI: Punjab Kings: KL Rahul(w/c), Mayank Agarwal, Aiden Markram, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Fabian Allen, Adil Rashid, Harpreet Brar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Ishan Porel.

Rajasthan Royals: Sanju Samson(w/c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Evin Lewis, Liam Livingstone, Mahipal Lomror, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Chris Morris, Mustafizur Rahman, Chetan Sakariya, Kartik Tyagi.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Watch: PM Narendra Modi declares 36th National Games open in Ahmedabad

Watch: PM Narendra Modi declares 36th National Games open in Ahmedabad

Watch: Virat Kohli flashes phone, fans catch glimpse of Anushka Sharma on video call

Watch: Virat Kohli flashes phone, fans catch glimpse of Anushka Sharma on video call

T20 World Cup: Mohammed Shami, Deepak Chahar likely to replace injured Jasprit Bumrah in India squad

T20 World Cup: Mohammed Shami, Deepak Chahar likely to replace injured Jasprit Bumrah in India squad

India pacer Jasprit Bumrah out of T20 World Cup with back stress fracture: Reports

India pacer Jasprit Bumrah out of T20 World Cup with back stress fracture: Reports

Pak vs Eng, 5th T20I: Aamer Jamal's last-over heroics help team clinch 6-run win over England, watch

Pak vs Eng, 5th T20I: Aamer Jamal's last-over heroics help team clinch 6-run win over England, watch