Kabir Jayanti, also known as Kabir Prakat Diwas, is celebrated to commemorate the manifestation of Saint Kabir Das, a famous poet and mystic saint.
It is celebrated on the full moon day in the Hindu month Jyeshtha. It is considered that the Kabir Das came on Earth this day in the year 1398 A.D.
Here are some of the best verses of Kabir Das:
1. Many have died, you also will die. The drum of death is being beaten. The world has fallen in love with a dream. Only sayings of the wise will remain.
2. All know that the drop merges into the ocean, but few know that the ocean merges into the drop.
3. The Lord is in me, the Lord is in you, as life as in every seed, put false pride away and seek the Lord within.
4. If you don't break your ropes while you're alive, do you think ghosts will do it after?
5. The river that flows in you also flows in me.
6. Listen to the secret sound, the real sound, which is inside you. The one no one talks of speaks the secret sound to himself and he is the one who has made it all.
Here are some wonderful Kabir Das quotes:
1. "I am not a Hindu, nor am a Muslim. I am this body, a play of five elements; a drama of the spirit dancing with joy and sorrow."
2. "Admire the diamond that can bear the hits of a hammer. Many deceptive preachers, when critically examined, turn out to be false."
3. "When the bride is one with her lover, who cares about the wedding party?"