Ujjain: Woman electrocuted due to badly installed power meter; 8 booked

The victim, Chameli Bai, died on the spot after she came in contact with a wire hanging loosely from the power meter at her house in Virat Nagar on Thursday, inspector Jitendra Bhaskar of Chimanganj police station said.

PTIUpdated: Friday, August 26, 2022, 08:34 PM IST
article-image
Representative Photo |

Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh): A 35-year-old woman died after coming in contact with a live wire hanging from an electricity meter at her house in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain city, police said on Friday.

An offence has been registered against eight contractual workers of the power distribution company who installed the device, an official said.

The victim, Chameli Bai, died on the spot after she came in contact with a wire hanging loosely from the power meter at her house in Virat Nagar on Thursday, inspector Jitendra Bhaskar of Chimanganj police station said.

A case under section 304 A (causing death due to negligence) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered against eight persons hired on contract by the MP Western Power Distribution Company, he said.

As per initial investigations, the accused left the live wires of the meter hanging, which caused the death, the official said, adding that efforts are on to make the arrests.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Navratri 2022: Goddess of Ninth Day, Siddhidhatri 

Navratri 2022: Goddess of Ninth Day, Siddhidhatri 

Indore: Starved of blank cards, RTO gets minor relief with 3K of them

Indore: Starved of blank cards, RTO gets minor relief with 3K of them

Indore: India has problems with Chinese Communist Party, not Chinese people, says Ex-diplomat Vishnu...

Indore: India has problems with Chinese Communist Party, not Chinese people, says Ex-diplomat Vishnu...

Indore: DAVV Vice Chancellor orders for revaluation of education technology answer books 

Indore: DAVV Vice Chancellor orders for revaluation of education technology answer books 

Indore: Fire breaks out in public toilet

Indore: Fire breaks out in public toilet