Indore (Madhya Pradesh): The Indian army has invited applications for grant of Short Service Commission Tech (SSCW Tech 28) course for widows of defence personnel. Course is expected to commence from October 2021 at The Officers Training Academy in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Retired Colonel Nikhil Diwanji said training period will be of 49 weeks after which the passed-out women cadets will be commissioned as lieutenants in the army and may be posted to any part of the country or abroad.
Diwanji who trains defence aspirants in Indore said, “During the 5 days of interview, cadets will be examined through 2 screening tests, 4 psychological tests, 1 personal interview and 9 more group testing officer's tests.”
· Age Limit: Widows of defence personnel who died in harness, aged 34 years or less are eligible for SSCW (Non UPSC) (Non Tech) and SSCW (Tech) Entry.
· Educational Qualification:
[a] For SSCW (Non UPSC) (Non Tech) Entry: Graduation in any discipline.
[b] For SSCW (Tech) Entry: BE / B Tech in any engineering stream.
· A detailed notification of SSCW_Tech_28 can be downloaded from www.joinindianarmy.nic.in .
· Online applications are accepted till 23 June 2021
· The SSB shortlisted candidates will be interviewed at one of the selection centres - Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab)