BHOPAL: A minor girl, along with her parents, approached the Gautam Nagar police station on Tuesday and lodged a complaint of rape against her 18-year-old cousin brother, who outraged her modesty at his house a week ago.The accused lured the girl to his house, located at Indira Sahayata Nagar in Guatam Nagar, saying that his parents wanted to meet her and there he raped her and also threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed the incident to anyone.

The victim, who was shocked after the incident, did not reveal it to anyone for a week. Subsequently, she reached the police station and lodged an FIR against the accused. Following the complaint, the police booked the youth Mahendra Panthi and reportedly, took him into custody. Police said that the victim girl, a resident of Mangalwara locality, used to go for computer classes at Teelajamalpura locality.

On April 27 she went for coaching and while returning, in midway, the accused told the victim that his parents wants to meet her. Believing him, she went with him but, as she reached his house, she found that there was no one present there. Before she could understand anything, the accused allegedly caught and raped her.

Woman commits suicide
A 27-year-old married woman committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan at Nehru Nagar under Kamla Nagar police station late on Monday night. The incident came to light when her husband returned home. The deceased woman has been identified as Anusha, 27, wife of Dharmendra Upadhyay, residing at Jawahar Chowk.  Police said that the woman has two children while her husband works as a driver.

Earlier they were residing at Mandideep and currently shifted in a rented house at Nehru Nagar where she hanged herself while she was alone at the house. The reason behind her extreme step could not be known as no suicide note has been recovered from the spot. Her family members and husband told the police that she was in depression as she could not get proper job. She was pursuing B.Ed.

A case under section 174 of CrPc has been registered while the body of deceased was sent for the post-mortem and further investigation was on to establish the reason behind committing suicide.

Security guard ends life

A middle-aged security guard committed suicide by hanging self from the ceiling fan in his house located at BDA Colony in Koh-e-Fiza police station on Tuesday.The incident came to light, as one of the neighbours spotted his hanging body and informed the police following which SP (North) Arvind Saxena and CSP, Shahjehanabad along with other police personnel reached the spot and after breaking the gate of house later took off his body and later sent if for the post-mortem.

Police said the deceased was identified as Pramod, 40, son of Shyamchandar Pathak, who basically hails from Rehli in Sagar and was currently residing at servant quarters in B-10 Senior BDA Colony at Koh-e-Fiza and was working as security guard in a private company.

Police further said the house owner Milan Datta was away at Sikkim with his family while the wife of deceased named Kusum Patkah went to attend a marriage ceremony at her brother’s house.In a suicide note recovered from the spot, he said that he was unable to bear the pain in this throat while the neighbours told the police that deceased used to frequently fight with her wife under influence of liquor and was upset with her wife’s behavior.

Agri Asst director’s house burgled

Burglars struck on the locked house of Assistant Director (Agriculture) located at Shivaji Nagar under MP Nagar police station in broad daylight and decamped with booty worth Rs 1 lakh on Tuesday. The incident came to light as the victim returned to his home in the afternoon to take lunch and spotted the house burgled subsequent to which he approached MP Nagar police station and lodged a complaint in this regard.

Police said, the victim, Surendra Amrute, 33, son of Mangal Singh, a resident of house no 118/20 at Shivaji Nagar and was posted as Additional Director in Agricultural Department at Vindhyachal Bhawan.Police further said, in his complaint he told the police that around 10:30am he went to the office after locking the house and in the afternoon at around 2pm he returned house to take lunch and saw that unidentified thieves entered in the house and took away cash amount or Rs 10,000, gold jewellery, digital camera and LPG cylinder all to the tune of Rs 1 lakh from the house.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal