Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Thursday said that India will abide by the Saudi Arabia's decision on conducting Haj 2021
Naqvi held a review meeting regarding Haj 2021 at the Haj House in Mumbai today. "While we have done our preparations, India will go by the decision of the Governement of Saudi Arabia", said Naqvi.
Earlier, Naqvi clarified that annual Haj pilgrimage will depend of Saudi Aribia government's decision. He had mentioned that PM Narendra Modi has said that India will stand by whatever decision the country passes.
The Air India Express on Tuesday in a tweet announced that the Gulf nation has extended its suspension of flight services from India until July 6. Air India Express tweeted on Tuesday that the movement of passengers to the UAE from India (excluding UAE nationals) until July 6 had been suspended.
Dubai's Emirates had earlier said that passenger flights from India would remain suspended at least until June 30.
Last year, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Saudi government had announced that it would hold a "very limited" Hajj, with people already living in the kingdom allowed to take part in the pilgrimage that begins in late July.
More than two million people perform the annual pilgrimage in the holy city of Mecca every year, including many travelling from abroad. About 2 lakh Indian Muslims had performed Hajj in 2019.
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)