Maharashtra: Seven electric bikes gutted in fire at e-bike shop in Pune

The incident occurred at an e-bike shop located near the Gangadham area of Market Yard.

PTIUpdated: Tuesday, July 19, 2022, 09:02 AM IST
article-image

Pune: At least seven electric bikes kept at a showroom here in Maharashtra were gutted in fire on Monday night during charging, fire brigade officials said.

Nobody was injured in the incident.

The incident occurred at an e-bike shop located near the Gangadham area of Market Yard.

According to a fire brigade official, the bikes were plugged in for charging and prima facie a short circuit might have occurred due to overcharging that led to the fire and seven bikes gutted.

"We received a call at around 8 PM. The blaze was doused with the help of four water tenders," he added.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Mumbai breathing good quality air, thanks to speedy winds

Mumbai breathing good quality air, thanks to speedy winds

Maharashtra: More than 31,000 accidents occurred between January to June 2022, reveals data

Maharashtra: More than 31,000 accidents occurred between January to June 2022, reveals data

Mamata Banerjee stands by TMC leader Anubrata Mandal, questions his arrest in cattle smuggling scam

Mamata Banerjee stands by TMC leader Anubrata Mandal, questions his arrest in cattle smuggling scam

Shah Rukh Khan Scholarship makes a comeback at La Trobe University; read how you can apply

Shah Rukh Khan Scholarship makes a comeback at La Trobe University; read how you can apply

WATCH: No more hello, govt employees to start tele-conversation with Vande Mataram in Maharashtra,...

WATCH: No more hello, govt employees to start tele-conversation with Vande Mataram in Maharashtra,...