Representational Image/ Photo Credit: Pixabay
Representational Image/ Photo Credit: Pixabay

Thane: A fire destroyed at least 25 godowns, where plastic and rubber material were stored, at a village in Thane district of Maharashtra in the wee hours of Monday, officials said. No casualty was reported in the mishap, Thane civic body’s regional disaster management cell chief Santosh Kadam said.

The fire broke out around 4 am following an explosion in an oxy-acetylene cylinder in one of the godowns, located in Dahisar-Mori locality of Uttarshiv village, and spread rapidly to other warehouses in the vicinity, Taloja MIDC fire station officer Deepak Dorugade said.

Around 2,000 godowns, mostly having tin sheds, are located next to each other in Uttarshiv and other neighbouring  villages, restricting access of firemen in case of an emergency, he said. “The godown owners also do not reveal the exact material stored in the warehouses, making it difficult for fire-fighters to put out the blaze,” he said.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in