A fire broke out in the CBI building at CGO complex in Lodhi Road area on Thursday morning, officials said. Fire officials said a call about a blaze at the building was received at 11.36 am.
Subsequently, six fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the blaze was brought under control, a senior fire official said.
The fire had broken out in transformer and AC plant rooms in the second basement of the building, he said.
The smoke emanating was due to a short circuit in the generator in the CBI building. No fire and damage to properties were reported. After the smoke was detected, an automatic sprinkler system was activated. The functioning of the office will be restored in some time, a CBI officer told ANI.
(With inputs from agencies)