Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh): A sudden fire broke out due to a short circuit in the Central Bank located in Belkheda police station area of Jabalpur. Villagers played on their lives and saved ten people trapped on the first floor.
When people, sleeping on the first floor of the building, had trouble breathing, they ran towards the bank and saw the room was full of smoke. The villagers, after hearing the shrieks of the family reached out to them and rescued everyone.
The incident also brings to the fore the negligence of the bank. Despite the installation of a fire alarm in the bank, it did not sound at the time of the accident.
The fire brigade soon reached the spot and brought the fire under control. It is said that the fire brigade had covered a distance of 55 km from Jabalpur in just 38 minutes and reached the spot.
Narayan Prasad Sahu of Belkheda lives on the first floor of the building having Central Bank premises on the ground floor. Narayan Prasad Sahu, wife Imarti Bai, Kishan Sahu, Rukmani Sahu, Ravi Sahu Pinky, Shweta, Sumit Sahu, Sejal Sahu, Sania Sahu were all sleeping in different rooms. When the family members had trouble breathing late in the night, everyone got up in a panic and saw smoke all over.
Flames were emanating from the bank premises. Villagers rescued everyone and took them out.
On receiving information, the bank manager reached the spot. "All the important documents, furniture, computer table-chair, farmers' loan book, etc. had turned into ash. Fortunately, the fire did not reach the cash chamber," said the manager. Manager Anand Kumar from Jabalpur and other staff reached the spot.
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)