Bhopal: Over two lakh forms submitted under Central government’s Housing For All (HFA) scheme in 2016 in have gone missing, alleged Leader of Opposition in BMC Mohammad Sageer. Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) has failed to maintain the record of over 2.50 lakh residents, who had applied for HFA scheme, said Sageer here on Friday. The applicants, unaware of the gross negligence on the part of the civic authorities continue to wait for the allotment of house, he added.

In year 2016, over 2.50 lakh residents had registered themselves for the scheme and on an average, over 2500 forms were submitted from 85 wards of the city, claimed Sageer. However, in the BMC, record of only 26000 applicants was found and the rest over 2 lakh forms have gone missing.

Refuting the charges, the BMC official said that only 26000 persons applied for the scheme in year 2016. GS Saluja, in-charge chief engineer of the project, however, claimed that total number of forms deposited by the residents in 2016 were around 26000. Interested people are still registering for the scheme, he added.

As per the BMC data over 1 lakh forms have been received by the residents so far, said Saluja. Quoting the figures, he said that in the year 2016, around 26,554 residents applied for the scheme, while the year 2017 as many as 75544 residents registered for the scheme and this year till date 4781 forms have been submitted.

Holding municipal authorities responsible for gross negligence, Sageer said that homeless people took pain and got themselves registered for the scheme, however, the civic body lost their records. Many of the people are unaware that their forms have been lost and they are still waiting for the allotment of the house, he added.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in