Advertisement

Mumbai

Updated on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:42 AM IST

Thane: Plastic goods godown gutted in fire in Bhiwandi ; no injuries reported

The blaze erupted around 5 am in the ground-plus-two-storey godown located at Walgaon in Bhiwandi town and the thick smoke soon engulfed the entire locality, he said.
PTI
Pixabay

Pixabay

Advertisement

A godown where plastic items were kept was destroyed in a fire that broke out in the premises here in Maharashtra on Wednesday morning, a civic official said.

No one was injured in the fire that could be seen from a long distance, Thane Municipal Corporation's regional disaster management cell chief Santosh Kadam said.

The blaze erupted around 5 am in the ground-plus-two-storey godown located at Walgaon in Bhiwandi town and the thick smoke soon engulfed the entire locality, he said.

Two fire engines and a jumbo water tanker were rushed to the spot, the official said, adding that efforts were still on to control the blaze.

The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, he said.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Advertisement
Published on: Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 11:42 AM IST
Advertisement