Fire breaks out in Panvel home, no injuries

According to Panvel Municipal Corporation’s Fire Brigade, it took around half an hour to bring the fire under control.

Amit SrivastavaUpdated: Monday, August 01, 2022, 10:21 AM IST
article-image
FPJ/Amit Srivastava

A house in Jasdanwala Complex located at Vishrali Naka in Panvel was gutted after a fire broke out on the first floor of the building on Sunday morning. While there were heavy losses of belongings, no one was reported injured.

According to Panvel Municipal Corporation’s Fire Brigade, it took around half an hour to bring the fire under control. The short-circuit was believed to be the reason behind the fire.

The fire broke out on the first floor where Mahendra Saplya resided. He immediately came out of the home and sought help. “As the flames were spreading in the house, the residents immediately rushed out and called the fire brigade,” said a resident of the building. A fire brigade team from Panvel Municipal Corporation reached and controlled the fire.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

A week after dream child Akasa Air hits the skies, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala leaves the earth

A week after dream child Akasa Air hits the skies, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala leaves the earth

Karnataka: Man slits wife's throat in family court

Karnataka: Man slits wife's throat in family court

Shiv Sangram leader Vinayak Mete killed in an accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway

Shiv Sangram leader Vinayak Mete killed in an accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway

Afghanistan: Taliban fire warning shots to break up women's protest

Afghanistan: Taliban fire warning shots to break up women's protest

Israel: Palestinian gunman wounds 8 in late-night Jerusalem shooting

Israel: Palestinian gunman wounds 8 in late-night Jerusalem shooting