sunil-paraskar
sunil-paraskar

Mumbai: The Mumbai-based model who has filed a complaint of rape against former deputy inspector general of police Sunil Paraskar today withdrew her application seeking cancellation of his pre-arrest bail.

“The victim today withdrew the cancellation application that she had filed after her former lawyer was allegedly threatened by a person purportedly sent by Paraskar,” chief public Prosecutor Kalpana Chavan said.

Judge Vrushali Joshi allowed the victim to withdraw the application.

Last month the victim’s sister had told the court that they wanted to replace her lawyer, advocate Chitra Salunke.

On August 12 the court granted anticipatory bail to Paraskar.

The senior IPS officer moved the court for anticipatory bail after the woman, a 25 years old model based in Mumbai, lodged a complaint against him for rape in July.

She alleges in the complaint that Paraskar (57), whom she had met first in 2012 in connection with a case, molested and sexually assaulted her on two occasions in December 2013.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in