A photo of French fried potatoes has gone viral on the internet. But, ouch, what's that in a finger chips box? A close look will make you figure out that the snack pack had a cigarette butt in it. Finding the objectionable thing in a child's Happy Meal at McDonald's, an upset mother reported the incident on Facebook and slammed the popular restaurant chain for its negligence. With intended sarcasm, the UK woman wrote on the social media platform: "Forget the toy, now comes with cigarette end as ash for extra taste." Check post below
Earlier this October, the incident took place with Gemma Kirk-Bonner, a mother in her 30s, who ordered the meal from a McDonald's restaurant in England's Barrow-in-Furness area. Gemma had actually given one food box to her three-year-old Jackson without actually doubting for something like this to occur. She casually handed over the fries to the boy. The mother only discovered the horrific content inside it when she fed her younger kid with another pack.
Gemma was both disgusted and angry over the outlet for supplying the cigarette butt inside the edible parcel. "I was feeding my one-year-old Caleb when I noticed the ash and the cigarette in the box... If I’d given the box to my three-year-old, he would have tried to eat it. He wouldn’t have known it was different," she said while speaking to a media outlet.
The mother sought an apology from the brand for their negligence. An official from McDonald's was quoted in reports as saying, "Food safety is of the utmost importance to us... We would encourage the customer to contact customer services so that we can properly investigate and help them find a resolution."