It is often said that too much of anything can make things too worse. In one such case, rare and shocking, a woman who was out at Lake Freeman, Indiana passed away after drinking plenty of water in a go. Following her dehydration, she sipped about four bottles of water and suffered death due to water toxicity.
A 35-year-old woman identified as Ashley Summers was with her family later in July to enjoy a weekend when she felt dehydrated and landed up taking too much water. It was learned that she emptied nearly two litres (64 ounces) of water within a span of 20 minutes.
Ahead of being taken to a hospital, she breathed her last. Doctors confirmed the death stating the reason of water toxicity, a health problem that is resulted due to consuming an excess amount of water that eventually decreases sodium levels in the blood and turns life-threatening. However, it's not a common case and something that should put you to worry about drinking water.
Meanwhile, you might have come across reports that suggested that legendary martial artist and actor might have died due to excessive water consumption. "Lee had multiple risk factors predisposing to hyponatraemia resulting from interference with water homeostasis mechanisms that regulate both water intake and water excretion," read a study, which added reporting its findings, "We hypothesise that Bruce Lee died from a specific form of kidney dysfunction: the inability to excrete enough water to maintain water homeostasis."