Maharashtra Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday decided not to provide any relaxations and continue Level 3 unlock restrictions across the state. This was reportedly done after the health department said that the second wave of the coronavirus has yet to recede while there is a possibility of the emergence of a third wave and also there is the threat of the Delta Plus variant.
The cabinet was unanimous that focus should be given on stepping up COVID management measures and COVID Appropriate Behavior. In view of the Cabinet's decision, the wait for the general public to commute in Mumbai suburban trains will now get longer. Besides, shops will function up to 4 pm despite repeated demands to increase the timings.
However, the government has relaxed the RT-PCR test condition for domestic air travellers who have already taken both vaccine doses.
Public Health Minister Rajesh Tope said, ‘’There will be no change in the prevailing curbs imposed on the timings of shops and travelling in local trains. The government is focusing on inoculation of as many people as possible in the state."
Check out full list of guidelines under level 3:
1. Shops dealing with essential items will be open till 4 pm on all days.
2. Shops dealing with non-essential items will be open till 4 pm on weekdays.
3. All malls and theatres will remain closed.
4. Dine-in at restaurants at 50% capacity shall be allowed till 4 pm after which only takeaway and home delivery is permitted.
5. Travel in local trains is permitted only for medical and essential services.
6. Cycling and morning walk in public places is allowed between 5 am and 9 am every day.
7. Private offices can remain open till 4 pm on working days.
8. Office attendance (including government offices) at 50%.
9. Outdoor sports allowed on weekdays from 5 am to 9 am.
10. Film shooting is allowed in bubble. No movement outside post 5 pm.
11. Social/Cultural/Entertainment gatherings allowed with 50% capacity.
12. 50 people for marriages, 20 for funerals.
13. Construction allowed, however, only onsite labours or labours must leave by 4 pm.
14. Agriculture allowed till 4 pm on all days.
15. E-commerce of all items is allowed.
16. Gyms and salons can remain open till 4 pm with a 50% capacity.
17. All passengers will be permitted to travel by public transport buses with a 50% capacity.