Feasting on homemade food for 50 days now, Indoreans are definitely craving for some delicious bites of street food and local eateries. However, during lockdown living a sedentary life, one cannot afford to kick up the calories either.
Here is a dish that is low in calories, cholesterol and yet, presents the taste of eateries in the city. ‘Paneer Potato Pops’ is a simple recipe and can be prepared within 20 minutes.
The recipe is one of the best sources of calcium and Vitamin D, milk is blood sugar-friendly. Also, it is a powerhouse of protein. Further, it is rich in Biotin (Vitamin B7), which is another important nutrient for hair and health.
How to prepare?
· Cook chopped onions, ginger and garlic in a little oil until translucent.
· Add grated boil potato and fry on low flame until it is half cooked.
· Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook for 2-3 mins until the spice powders are cooked.
· Now add grated paneer along with finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Remove this mixture from heat.
· Once it is cooled down, add bread crumbs and mix well.
· Make 12 equal sized balls out of the mixture.
· Heat the appam pan and add few drops of oil in each mould. Carefully place the balls and cook them on low flame on each side for about a minute.
· When the balls are crispy and golden all over, take them out.