Madhya Pradesh: Rani Kamalapati (Bhopal) - Hazrat Nizamuddin (Delhi) Vande Bharat Express caught fire on Monday morning when it was on its way to Delhi. The train's C 14 coach reportedly caught fire due to a blaze in the battery box resulting in the immediate stoppage of the train. The train was halted at the Kurwai Kethora station after the incident.
Visuals of the incident showed fire in the coach, while some people were seen trying to douse off the fire. Other visuals show passengers waiting outside the train at the Kurwai Kethora station.
All passengers are safe. No injuries were reported. The fire is limited to Battery Box Only. After examination train will be dispatched soon, said Indian Railways in a statement.
There were 20-22 passengers in the coach and they were shifted to other coaches immediately. Fire brigade reached site on time and fire was extinguished at 07:58 hrs, a railway official informed.