BHOPAL: There will be a two-day lockdown on Saturday and Sunday. It will continue till Monday morning. It started on Friday evening. Only essential services, such as hospitals, nursing homes, medical stores, milk booths and vegetable shops will remain open. Otherwise, all business establishments, including grocery shops, will remain closed.
Vaccination will continue even during the lockdown and the staff involved in vaccination will be allowed to move with identity cards.
No person shall leave their homes, or shall move on foot or in vehicles, or travel, or stand or roam around on any road or public places during the above hours. However, movement of the following persons and services shall be exempted:
* Those tasked with law and order/emergencies and municipal services/duties, including executive magistrates, police personnel, military/ CAPF personnel in uniform, health, electricity, fire, media persons with accreditation and government machinery tasked with Covid-19-related duties (all on production of identity cards).
* Movement for appearing in examination and those on examination duties on production of admit/ identity cards.
* There shall be no curbs on those engaged in manufacture of essential goods.
* There shall be no curbs on movement (inter-state and intra-state) of essential and non-essential goods.
* Hospitals, veterinary hospitals and all related medical establishments, including their manufacturing and distribution units, both in public and private sector, such as dispensaries, chemist, pharmacies and medical equipment shops, laboratories, pharmaceutical research labs, clinics, nursing homes, ambulance and so forth will continue to remain functional. Transportation of all medical personnel, nurses, paramedical staff and other hospital support services be permitted.
* Telecommunications, Internet services, broadcasting and cable services. IT and IT-enabled services.
* Delivery of all essential goods, including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and so forth through e-commerce.
* Petrol pumps, LPG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
* Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
* Cold storage and warehousing services.
* Private security services.
* Passengers going to or returning from airport or railway station or bus stations shall be exempted.
"It will be a total lockdown for two days in the state capital starting on Friday evening. Only essential services will remain open; otherwise, all business establishments, including grocery shops, will remain closed." -SDM Kshitiz Sharma
(If you have a story in and around Mumbai, you have our ears, be a citizen journalist and send us your story here. )