Advertisement

Bhopal

Updated on: Saturday, June 01, 2019, 02:04 AM IST

Short circuit causes fire in transformer

Advertisement

Mandsaur: The transformer located near the divider of Nutan Stadium, caught fire due to short circuit, on Thursday noon. The nearby shopkeepers tried to settle down the fire with fire extinguisher, but the fire went out of control. Few seconds after the short circuit, the transformer caught fire. Due to the fire, a lot of smoke started curling up. The sudden fire resulted into traffic congestion. The burning down of transformer resulted into power cut for over 1.30 hours.

Despite of the constant complaints of the nearby residents and shop keepers, the electricity board neglected the power cut issue, and none of the electrician from the board, reached the spot.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Advertisement
Published on: Saturday, May 02, 2015, 01:48 AM IST
Advertisement