India on Sunday witnessed annual solar eclipse or 'surya grahan' 2020, the third eclipse even for this year after first two lunar eclipses took place in January and June and the last annual solar eclipse of this decade.
While there are several myths around the Solar Eclipse, gurus shares some tips and guidelines for people to follow during the day.
10 am - 1:40 pm approx
1) By 10 pm on Sunday, try and put Kusha grass/Tulasi in all edible items like grains, fruit, dry foodstuff, pickles, etc.
It is believed that this prevents the negative effect of the eclipse on these things. After the eclipse is over, one should throw it away.
2) Without fail, read the Narasimha Kavach and Chant the Maha-mantra especially during the eclipse period.
3) During the eclipse timing (10 am - 1:40 pm) , don’t eat or drink anything and as far as possible and going to the washroom must be avoided as well since the chances of contracting a disease increase at this time with these activities.
4) Pregnant women must not do anything during the eclipse except hearing or chanting holy names including Hare Krishna Maha mantra.
5) After 1:40 PM, take a bath after which you can cook and have your lunch.
6) Try not to keep any cooked food in the house during the eclipse. Finish it or distribute it before 10 am.
7) Ideally the whole time should be spent in spiritual activity. Chanting and listening to mantras.
Disclaimer: There is no scientific proof to confirm the same and the article content has been shared by spiritual gurus and their views are personal.