Thane News: Major Fire Breaks Out In Ambernath Due To Cylinder Explosion; Visuals Surface

Thane News: Major Fire Breaks Out In Ambernath Due To Cylinder Explosion; Visuals Surface

Five fire tenders rushed to the spot and were engaged in firefighting operations. Local authorities also reached out as soon as the news of the tragedy was received. As of now, there are no reports of any casualties in the incident.

Dharmesh ThakkarUpdated: Monday, February 26, 2024, 03:16 PM IST
article-image
Thane News: Major Fire Breaks Out In Ambernath Due To Cylinder Explosion; Visuals Surface |

Thane: A major fire broke out in a slum located in the Circus Ground area of ​​Ambernath on Monday. According to local reports, the fire was caused due to an explosion of four cooking gas cylinders in the slum. They were allegedly stored in the same house there.

Five fire tenders rushed to the spot and were engaged in firefighting operations. Local authorities also reached out as soon as the news of the tragedy was received. As of now, there are no reports of any casualties in the incident.

Visuals of the fire show massive flames taking over the slum area. Thick black smoke billowing from the burning houses can also be seen covering the sky above. A crowd of people, possible residents of the area can be seen witnessing the flames, with some engaged in efforts to douse off the blaze.

Similar past incidents

This is not the first instance of fire reported in Thane district of Maharashtra. A week ago, furniture Factory had caught fire In Bhiwandi, causing extensive Property Damage. The incident was reported at Kalher Prithvi Complex of Bhiwandi on February 18th. As soon as the fire was noticed, concerned authorities were informed and 3 fire tender teams rushed immediately to the spot.

It took nearly 4 hours to douse the fire. Gas cylinders present in the premises made it difficult for the fire tender teams to douse the fire. In the video, thick plumes of smoke were seen billowing from the fire spot. Nearly 5 galas were charred. Investigation revealed that sparks coming in contact with an inflammable chemical must have lead to the fire.

RECENT STORIES

Mumbai News: Malad Police Register FIR After Man Goes To Court Against Wife’s Divorce Demands

Mumbai News: Malad Police Register FIR After Man Goes To Court Against Wife’s Divorce Demands

Mumbai Door-less Toilets: Torn Gunny Bags Used As Curtains At Public Loo In Bhayandar

Mumbai Door-less Toilets: Torn Gunny Bags Used As Curtains At Public Loo In Bhayandar

Mumbai: Realty Market Sees Slight Recovery During Gudhi Padwa

Mumbai: Realty Market Sees Slight Recovery During Gudhi Padwa

Maharashtra Lok Sabha Election 2024: Shinde Sena Locks Horns With BJP & NCP Over Nashik,...

Maharashtra Lok Sabha Election 2024: Shinde Sena Locks Horns With BJP & NCP Over Nashik,...

Sessions Court Grants Anticipatory Bail To Builder Lalit Tekchandani, Rejects Partner's Plea In...

Sessions Court Grants Anticipatory Bail To Builder Lalit Tekchandani, Rejects Partner's Plea In...