Mumbai: A fire broke out at a residential tower in the Hindu Colony Area of Dadar East on Saturday morning. According to details from the Mumbai Fire Brigade department, the fire broke out on the 13th floor of the G+15 floored highrise.
The fire brigade and local authorities rushed to the spot as soon as the information of the incident was received. Initially, in the morning, an update was received from BMC's Municipal Fire Brigade regarding the fire incident. It was reported that a person had been affected by smoke inhalation and was hence rushed to Sion Hospital.
Details On The Deceased
Later, information was obtained from the attending doctor at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General (LTMG) Hospital in Sion. The victim, identified as Sachin Patkar, a 60-year-old male, had been severely affected by smoke, leading to his unfortunate demise. He was declared dead upon arrival at the hospital.
Another Fire Incident Reported A Day Ago
Around 20 people were rescued on Friday after a major fire erupted at the Hira Panna Mall in Oshiwara, Jogeshwari, while three firefighters suffered smoke inhalation. Three people, identified as Sandip Patil, Raju Singankar and Yogesh Kondwar had to be admitted to the trauma centre of the Cooper Hospital, but their condition is stated to be stable now.
The level-3 blaze broke out at around 3 pm and thick smoke stranded people, trapping them inside the three-storey mall. Five of them, who were at the gym when the mishap occurred, had to be extricated from the terrace while ladders had to be deployed for rescuing nine others.
According to fire brigade officials, fire was confined to electric wiring and installation in 10-12 shops located on the second and third floors. After a three hours struggle, the fire was brought under control using five small hose lines and a high-pressure pump.