After more than one and a half years, cinemas theatres and open-air programmes in Maharashtra are set to resume later this month. The state government on Tuesday released SOPs outlining the precautionary measures that meet to be taken.
As per the SOP, the occupancy of the cinemas, theatres and multiplexes cannot be more than 50% of the total capacity and must ensure adequate social distancing.
The circular from the government also makes it clear that the cinema halls can indeed open from October 22.
From 50% occupancy to food and drinks - What's allowed and what's not in Maharashtra govt's new SoP
- Not allowed in the containment zone
- The SOP clarifies that all COVID related safety measures must be adhered to inside the premises. The general guidelines specify that respiratory etiquette must be followed, including usage of face masks, the adequate social distancing of at least six feet to be followed outside the auditoriums, common areas and waiting areas at all times.
- Spitting will be prohibited and usage of the Aarogya Setu app will be mandatory.
- Thermal screening of visitors will be carried out at entry and exit points in a staggered, row-wise manner, to avoid crowding.
- If one is partially or non-vaccinated, he/she can still enter the theatre, provided they show the 'safe' status on their Aarogya Setu app.
- The SOP promotes the use of contactless digital transactions for payments for tickets, food, and beverages etc. A sufficient number of box office counters shall be opened and the box office shall be open throughout the day and advance booking shall be allowed, to avoid crowding at the sale counters.
- Stressing on the sanitisation of the entire premises, frequent sanitisation of the entire premises, common facilities, and all points which come in human contact, including handles, railings shall be ensured and auditoriums shall be sanitised after every screening.
- The SOP has laid down specific measures for the creation of public awareness against Covid by displaying dos and don’ts throughout the premises by way of announcements, standees, posters.
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)