Accident death turned out to be a murder case; two held

Indore: The prima facie accidental death of a man in Palhar Nagar has turned out to be a murder after postmortem report, which has revealed that the man was shot to death from behind.

Accident death turned out to be a murder case; two held

Family members of the deceased were repeatedly telling police about the possibility of a murder, but police kept refusing it and called it accident until the postmortem report was received. However, two persons in connection with the case have been arrested and a case of murder has also been registered.

Aerodrome police had received information on Wednesday night that a body is lying on road in Palhar Nagar. The deceased was identified as Munnalal Dholpure alias Mota ( 45), an employee of Indore Municipal Corporation. During initial post- mortem report, several injury marks were found on the body.

When the family received information about the death, deceased’s sons ogesh and Golu along with their friends rushed to the spot. They observed the body and found injury marks on the head. Despite repeated attempts by the family to convince the police about the possibility of a murder, police kept considering it a case of accident. After short postmortem report at district hospital, it is revealed that the deceased was shot to death from point blank range. It is being considered that the man was shot from behind. A wound in the head was found which is caused by bullet.

The family had also informed police that Vimal Dagar, Rishi Dagar, Prince Dagar, Sarvesh Dagar, Sandeep and Munna had come to the deceased’s home and threatened him to murder. The family is accusing these persons of executing the murder.

Family stages chakkajam : After the postmortem report was received, family members of the deceased while taking the body for funeral on Thursday, staged chakkajam at Rajmohalla junction by placing body on the road. They demanded for immediate arrest of the accused. Police tried to remove them but they refused to budge. The chakka jam ended when CSP Malharganj TS Baghel reached the spot with police force and informed the family that a case of murder has been registered and two accused have been arrested, while others would be nabbed shortly.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal