Uttar Pradesh: Pig injured after eating 'explosive' from garbage heap in Kanpur

PTIUpdated: Monday, August 24, 2020, 08:22 AM IST
article-image
Uttar Pradesh: Pig injured after eating 'explosive' from garbage heap in Kanpur | Representational Image: Pixabay

A pig was injured after biting into an "explosive" at a garbage dump here on Sunday, police said.

The incident took place in Bagahi under Babupurwa police station area in the evening, they said.

The explosive is suspected to be a crude bomb or firecracker, said Superintendent of Police (South) Deepak Bhuker.

Forensic experts will find out what exactly the pig ate, police said.

Further details are awaited.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Mumbai: Latest Updates - 5-7 km traffic jam on Mumbai-Pune Expressway

Mumbai: Latest Updates - 5-7 km traffic jam on Mumbai-Pune Expressway

Sharad Pawar took darshan of Dagdusheth Ganpati from outside temple as he had eaten non-veg food:...

Sharad Pawar took darshan of Dagdusheth Ganpati from outside temple as he had eaten non-veg food:...

Captain Amarinder Singh to meet CM Bhagwant Mann to hand over list of former corrupt ministers

Captain Amarinder Singh to meet CM Bhagwant Mann to hand over list of former corrupt ministers

Sanju Samson has been exceptional as a player and skipper, says Kumar Sangakkara

Sanju Samson has been exceptional as a player and skipper, says Kumar Sangakkara

COVID-19: Maharashtra cumulative vaccination tally crosses 16.66 crore

COVID-19: Maharashtra cumulative vaccination tally crosses 16.66 crore