On Sunday, the state of Tamil Nadu reported three deaths and 669 fresh coronavirus cases. The total COVID-19 cases in the state rose to 7,204, the state bulletin said.
Chennai alone accounted for 509 of the 669 new coronavirus cases. The state captial alone has over 3,839 positive COVID-19 cases.
Meanwhile, the Tamil Nadu government has released a list of the shops that will be allowed to be open from Monday, May 11 onwards in non-containment areas.
Here is the complete list of shops allowed to open from Monday:
1. Tea shops
2. Bakeries (Only parcel)
3. Hotels (Only take away)
4. Grocery, vegetable and fruit stores
5. Construction material selling shops, shops selling cement, sanitaryware, and hardware
6. Electronic items selling and repairing stores including mobile phones, computers, mixer and grinder, television, motors and other household items and appliances.
7. Eyeware stores
8. Small jewellery stores without air conditioning
9. Small clothing and apparel stores without air conditioning in rural areas
10. Furniture shops
11. Roadside pushcarts, lorry booking service
12. Dry Cleaning stores
13. Photocopy shops
14. Two-wheelers and four-wheelers sales centre
15. Two-wheelers and four-wheelers service centre
16. Country medicine shops
17. Shops selling Agri products and pesticides, nursery gardens
18. Tile shops, paint shops
19. Electric apparel shops
20. Automobile spare parts shops
21. Wood and plywood selling shops, sawmills
Earlier on Friday, the Madras High Court had ordered closure of outlets while permitting online sales and home delivery of liquor bottles.
Meanwhile the state government has approached the apex court against the Madras High Court's order.