The controversy surrounding Deepika Padukone and Sandeep Reddy Vanga over her exit from Spirit has resurfaced, with Vanga's brother, Pranay Reddy Vanga, making fresh claims about their disagreement. Pranay has alleged that Deepika demanded 10% of the profits from Spirit in addition to her demand for an eight-hour work shift, and that Vanga was not on board with her demands, which ultimately led to her alleged exit from the project.
Deepika Padukone Reacts To Spirit Row
Now, Deepika has seemingly reacted to a viral Instagram post criticising Sandeep and calling out a 'male ego' crisis. On Friday, August 21, journalist Janvi Manchanda shared a long note in the form of a carousel post on Instagram.
An excerpt read, "Judging by the meltdown, you'd think she asked for the entire film and Vanga estate. Sounds like we have a full-blown male-ego crisis on our hands. A woman rejected a deal, and misogyny couldn't handle a no."
Check it out:

The post was also liked by Alaya F and Rhea Kapoor. Deepika has not issued a statement following Pranay Reddy Vanga's claims.
What Deepika Padukone Said About The 8-Hour Shift
Deepika has previously spoken about the discussion surrounding working hours in the film industry, although she has not responded to every allegation linked to her departure from Spirit. Speaking to CNBC-TV18 in 2025, she said, "I am someone who has always fought my battles silently, and for some strange reason, sometimes they become public—which is not the way I know and not the way I've been brought up. To fight my battles silently and in a dignified way is the way I know."
After Deepika's exit, Triptii Dimri joined Spirit as the female lead opposite Prabhas, and the film remains in the spotlight well ahead of its scheduled March 2027 release.
