Vijaypat Singhania’s book release hits Bombay High Court roadblock

Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has restrained industrialist Vijaypat Singhania from releasing his autobiography “The Incomplete Man” till March 25. In an order earlier this week, Justice Sandeep Shinde also directed a civil court in Thane to take up for final hearing a suit and other applications filed by Raymond Ltd seeking to stop the book’s release.

Raymond’s lawyer Kartik Nayar said, “The high court has directed the Thane civil court to decide the suit filed by Raymond as expeditiously as possible,” he said. The high court was hearing an application filed by Vijaypat Singhania, praying that the suit filed by the company in Thane court be shifted to a civil court in Mumbai, where a similar suit has been filed by his son Gautam Singhania, current CMD of Raymond Ltd.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in