EbixCash Private Limited, a subsidiary of Ebix, Inc., a international supplier of On-Demand software and E-commerce services to the insurance, financial, healthcare and e-learning industries has appointed SP Kothari, as a new independent director to the EbixCash Board.
SP Kothari said, “I am grateful for the honor of serving as a director of EbixCash that promises to transform the financial & insurance service sectors, and the leisure and healthcare industry by offering seamless connectivity and ease of access to millions of consumers. The resulting productivity gains are crucial for the growth of national and individual incomes.”
Robin Raina, Chairman, President & CEO Ebix Inc, said, “His experience and skills will provide us with the strategic guidance and direction that EbixCash needs as we embark on the next cycle of growth and a prospective IPO for EbixCash.”
Know about this board member:
- Kothari is Gordon Y Billard Professor of Accounting and Finance at MIT’s Sloan School of Management.
- From 2019 to 2021, he served as Chief Economist and Director of the Division of Economic and Risk Analysis at the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Kothari was deputy dean of MIT Sloan School of Management (2010-15), and previously he headed the Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting at MIT.
- He co-chaired the Board of Governors of Asia School of Business, Kuala Lumpur, served as faculty director of the MIT-India Program, and edited the world-renowned academic publication Journal of Accounting & Economics.
- In 2008-09, he was global head of equity research for Barclays Global Investors (acquired by BlackRock)
- He was a director of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) (2015-19)