Bhopal: Elderly woman consumes poison mistakenly, dies

The woman was suffering from age-related ailments and had been prescribed medicines by a doctor.

Staff ReporterUpdated: Monday, January 02, 2023, 01:44 AM IST
article-image
Representative Image |

Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh): A 60-year-old woman died as she had consumed poison mistakenly. The incident occurred in Eintkhedi. She took poisonous substance instead of medicines, police said on Sunday. Eintkhedi police station house officer Karan Singh told Free Press that deceased was Prembai (60) who lived alone. The woman was suffering from age-related ailments and had been prescribed medicines by a doctor. Reportedly, the woman had kept the medicines close to poison and both the things were wrapped in a white paper. Mistakenly, the woman consumed poison instead of the medicines on Saturday noon. As her condition began deteriorating, her neighbours took her to Hamidia hospital. The police referred the woman’s body for post-mortem after which it was handed over to her kin.

(If you have a story in and around Mumbai, you have our ears, be a citizen journalist and send us your story here. )

(To receive our E-paper on WhatsApp daily, please click here.  To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Bhopal: Infant’s body exhumed, post-mortem conducted

Bhopal: Infant’s body exhumed, post-mortem conducted

Bhopal: Three more PFI members arrested by ATS

Bhopal: Three more PFI members arrested by ATS

Bhopal: Minor rapes & kills 58-yr-old woman to avenge humiliation

Bhopal: Minor rapes & kills 58-yr-old woman to avenge humiliation

Madhya Pradesh: Tigress poached in Umaria forest area

Madhya Pradesh: Tigress poached in Umaria forest area

Madhya Pradesh: Three months old girl dies after Daagna in Shahdol

Madhya Pradesh: Three months old girl dies after Daagna in Shahdol