- Every Saturday and Sunday, the Krishnamurti Foundation India arranges video screenings of talks by philosopher J Krishnamurti. Date: Until Dec 30; Timing: Sat, Sun: 5.30 PM – 6.30 PM; Venue: Savarkar Sadan, Shivaji Park, Dr MB Raut Road, Dadar, Mumbai. For more details contact: 9323749567
VARADARAJA ADYA AWARD
- The Karnataka Sangha, Mumbai invites application for “Varadaraja Adya Award” 2012 from individuals and/or institutions. the criteria for this award is significant and outstanding work, should have an impact on the literary or cultural fields in both Karnataka and Maharashtra, which in the normal course created better understanding and relation between these two linguistic groups (Marathi & Kannada). Application must reach before Jan 15, 2013. Venue: Hon. Secretary, Karnataka Sangha, Dr. M. Vishweshvaraya Smarak Mandir, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Marg, Off T.H. Kataria Marg, Mogul Lane, Matunga (W), Mumbai. Contact : 24377022 / 24379645.
- An exhibition of recent works by Basudev Ghosh on till Dec 24 from 11 am to 7 pm at Jehangir Art Gallery, Exhibition Gallery-III, 161/ B, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Mumbai.
- An exhibition of sculptures in bronze and bellmetal titled The Tribal Art Bastar by Dr Jaidev Baghel from Dec 24 to Dec 30, between 11 am to 7 pm at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Mumbai. Contact: 22843989.
- Ranjani Shettar displays her art at the Bhau Daji Lad Museum. Date: Dec 23 -Dec 29; Venue: Bhau Daji Lad Museum, Veermata Jijabai Bhonsle Udyan, Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Marg, Byculla East, Mumbai. Contact 65560394.
- The Department of Rehabilitation of the National Assocaition for the Blind, Mahalaxmi conducts a 6 months “Certificate Course in Acupressure & Massage” for the Blind recognised by the Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Examinations. Application form and other details to be submitted latest by Dec 31 (for Jan-June ’13 course). Written test and interview on Jan 7, 2013. For further details call at National Association for the Blind Department of Rehabilitation, C/o King George V. Memorial Infirmary, Anand Niketan, Dr. E. Moses Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai. Contact: 24942795 / 24945108. Email: email@example.com.
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Essay Competition-2012. Bhavan’s A.V. Tilak Memorial Essay Competition: Sub – Science and its social responsibilities. For Age Group: 18-25 yrs. Prize: Rs.500. Medium: English. Bhavan’s Swami Sivananda Memorial Essay Competition 2012. For age group: 20-30 years. Prize Rs.1,000, Rs.700, Rs.300. Medium: Hindi. Bhavan’s Pandit Nilakantha Das Memorial Essay Competition, Sub: Pandit Nilakantha Das: A Visionary Statesman. For Age Group: 35 and above. Prizes- Rs.350, Rs.250. Medium: English. Last Date of Submission: Dec 31. Send to: S.A. Upadhyaya, Project Officer, Bhavan’s Essay Competition, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kulapati Munshi Marg, Chowpatty, Mumbai – 400007.