Muscat girl was enticed over the Internet, given a job and was deserted after 20 days of getting married. Man along with his family is still at large


A young NRI woman from Muscat was enticed over the Intern

et by the owner of a professional studies college to come to India, given a job in the college, got married to him and was deserted after 20 days. Police have registered a criminal case against the man who along with his family is absconding.

The police said they have registered a criminal case against the culprits under stringent sections of the Indian Penal Code – for rape and demanding dowry.

The family is untraceable although the father of the man claimed that his son is responsible for the crime.

alt39 But why have the parents deserted their home and are not accepting her as their daughter in law,alt39 the Station Officer ( SO) Alka Agrawal told the IANS correspondent.

Agarwal had asked the boys parents the same question.

The 22- year- old graduate from Muscat said: alt39 I trusted his false statement that he canalt39t afford to lose me.alt39 The man hid her in a hotel for 20 days after their formal and legal marriage that was solemnized on Aug 16 this year.

When she insisted on visiting his house, the man – the son of a steel trader who runs a professional institute – told her to wait for 10 minutes at the hotel Krishna Sagar after checking out from their room on Septembed 9. He told her to wait so that he could convince his parents to accept her as the bride, but he never returned, the woman told this IANS correspondent in the police station.

When the man did not return after the promised 10 minutes on Sep 9, she went to his residence where she had to wait outside the main gate of their residence at RDC- 23. The entire family had deserted the house.

The next day she approached the Kavi Nagar police station. The mobile number of the man was found switched off when police sub inspector Deepak Shukla tried to call him while his father, who was contacted on the phone, promised to come to the police station to resolve the issue – but he too has not shown up so far. The police also have not located the place from where he spoke, the woman said.

The police registered the case after all efforts to call the man and his family failed. Although the family is in close touch with the police through phone calls but they are not showing up.

(For all the latest News, Mumbai, Entertainment, Cricket, Business and Featured News updates, visit Free Press Journal. Also, follow us on Twitter and Instagram and do like our Facebook page for continuous updates on the go)

Free Press Journal