Fire breaks out at gunny bag godown

Ujjain: Fire broke out at a gunny bag godown located at Chimanganj Mandi in the wee hours on Monday. Goods worth around Rs 2 lakh gutted in the incident. Fire fighters took eight hours to extinguish the fire.Sources informed that trader Mohammad Shoqin, a resident of Juna Somwariya has a gunny bag godown at Gate Number 1 of Chimanganj Krishi Upaj Mandi.

Fire broke out at the godown at around 3 am on Monday. Gunny bags stored in the godown were completely perished in the fire.

More than 40 fire fighters tried to extinguish the fire.Commotion prevailed at Mandi area after the fire broke out in the godown and crowd gathered around.

Reason for the fire is not ascertained and there was no electronic metre in the godown. So it is obvious that short circuit is not the reason for the mishap. Police are investigating the mishap.

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in