Jakarta : India’s campaign in the Asian Games gymnastics ended on Friday without a medal after Dipa Karmakar finished fifth in the women’s balance beam event final.
Dipa, who was the fifth gymnast to perform on the beam, finished at the same spot with a score of 12.500 in the eight-woman final.
She had scored 12.750 in the qualification round.
China’s Chen Yile clinched the gold with a score of 14.600 while North Korean Kim Jong Su (13.400) and Zhang Jin (13.325) of China took the silver and bronze
respectively. Dipa also had pulled out of the women’s team final, in which India had finished seventh. India thus failed yet again to win a medal in the Asian Games.
- Dipa Karmakar
- Asian games 2018
- Asian Games 2018 India
- asian games 2018 media
- Asian Games News
- Asian games result
- India at Asian Games 2018
- Asian Games 2018 Day 2 Live
- Asian Games 2018 diary
- asian games 2018 india medal hopes
- asian games 2018 indian athletes
- asian games 2018 schedule india
- Asian Games medal tally
- Asian Games schedule
- asian games test event 2018
- india at the games
- indian contingent for asian games 2018
- jakarta asian games 2018 tickets
- live score updates