July 4 marks the death anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, one of the greatest spiritual leaders of India. The chief disciple of the Indian mystic Ramakrishna, Vivekananda was a philosopher who introduced ideals of 'Yoga' and 'Vedanta' to the west, and is credited for bringing Hinduism to the status of one of the major world religions in the late 19th century.
He gained global recognition and following through his insightful speeches on spirituality, youth and patriotism. He influenced many Indian thinkers and leaders, and has been regarded as the one who awakened India spiritually.
“Vivekananda”, literally meaning "the bliss of discerning wisdom," is best known for his ground-breaking speech to the 1893 World's Parliament of Religions in Chicago in which he called for religious tolerance and an end to fanaticism. In India, Vivekananda is remembered as a reformer and patriotic saint, and his birthday is celebrated as National Youth Day.
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA: 10 INSPIRING SELF BELIEF QUOTES
1. "Arise, awake and do not stop until the goal is reached."
2. “Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you loose, you can guide!"
3. “Experience is the only teacher we have. we may talk and reason all our lives, but we shall not understand a word of truth.”
4. “If you think yourselves strong, strong you will be.”
5. “Take up one idea, make that one idea your life. Think of it, dream of it, Live on that idea let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.”
6. “Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way adsorb it; do not become others.”
7. Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you,
8. "You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul."
9. "When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state."
10. "Fill the brain with high thoughts, highest ideals, place them day and night before you, and out of that will come great work."