BREAKING NEWS

Advertisement

Mumbai

Updated on: Thursday, October 07, 2021, 02:07 PM IST

Thane: Woman electrocuted after coming in contact with live wire

PTI
Representative Image | PTI

Representative Image | PTI

Advertisement

A 32-year-old married woman was electrocuted while putting clothes for drying at her parent's house in Maharashtra's Thane district, an official said on Thursday.

The incident took place on Wednesday when the woman accidentally came in contact with a live wire lying in the backyard of the house in Shahapur area, the official from the district disaster control room said.

She was rushed to a local hospital where doctors declared her brought dead, the official said, adding that the body was sent for postmortem.

The woman had come to her parent's house for a ritual during the 'Pitra Paksha' (mourning period when Hindus pay homage to their ancestors).

A case of accidental death was registered, an official at Shahapur police station said.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Advertisement
Published on: Thursday, October 07, 2021, 02:07 PM IST
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement