Mumbai woman dies after drinking rat poison by mistake

Mumbai woman dies after drinking rat poison by mistake

The deceased, Kajal Anand Pawar, was supposed to take medicine for stomachache but consumed the poison instead.

Aishwarya IyerUpdated: Monday, August 22, 2022, 09:18 AM IST
article-image
Mumbai woman dies after drinking rat poison by mistake | Representative Image

A 24-year-old woman in Saki Naka died on Friday after accidentally consuming rat poison.

Kajal Anand Pawar was supposed to take medicine for stomachache but consumed the poison instead.

At the time of the incident, on August 13, Pawar was alone at home. Her husband, Abhishek, had gone to Raigad on a trek.

During the treatment the doctors at Axon found that Pawar’s liver had become severely infected and advised the family to take her to Hiranandani Hospital, the police said.

When her health deteriorated, she was moved again, this time to KEM Hospital, Parel, on August 19. She died in KEM the same day, the official said.

RECENT STORIES

Ghatkopar Hoarding Collapse: Bhavesh Bhinde Might Have Had 'Monopoly' With GRP; Crime Branch Forms...

Ghatkopar Hoarding Collapse: Bhavesh Bhinde Might Have Had 'Monopoly' With GRP; Crime Branch Forms...

Cannes 2024: Sonam Chhabra Walks Red Carpet In Saree Representing India

Cannes 2024: Sonam Chhabra Walks Red Carpet In Saree Representing India

Mumbai: ED Arrests Fifth Accused In ₹263 Crore TDS Refund Case

Mumbai: ED Arrests Fifth Accused In ₹263 Crore TDS Refund Case

Mumbai News: Man Booked For Creating Fake Degree To Secure Admission Abroad

Mumbai News: Man Booked For Creating Fake Degree To Secure Admission Abroad

'Kirtikar Siding With Uddhav, Sack Him': Party Leader Shishir Shinde Writes Letter To CM Eknath...

'Kirtikar Siding With Uddhav, Sack Him': Party Leader Shishir Shinde Writes Letter To CM Eknath...