Mumbai: Eleven people were rescued by Mumbai fire brigade in a house collapse incident at Chembur camp on Wednesday morning. Eight people were admitted to the hospital out of which six people have been discharged after getting primary treatment in the hospital.
According to information shared by BMC, Ashok Aambore (M) 27yrs sustained cut injury to both hands and legs he has been discharged after treatment. Rohit Aambore (M 29yrs) and Rahul Kamble, (M 35yrs) hidden injury to back and cut injury, discharged after treatment. Parth Sing, (M) 21yrs, sustained injury to nose, discharged from hospital. Savita Aambore and Vikas Aambore sustained minor injuries and were also discharged from Shiv Hospital of Chembur.
Unfortunately, Manoj Nirbhawane M/54yrs sustained 35-40% burn injury to legs. He has been admitted to the ICU of Swastik Hosp. Sunanda Nirbhawane- F/49yrs sustained 80% burn injury to face, both hand and legs, admitted at Sion Hospital.
Details of the incidents
According to the BMC, the incident happened at 7.52 am in the morning. The incident happened at an old barrack ,near the golf club, chembur camp at Chembur.
Local people had informed the BMC that four to five houses collapsed after a cylinder blast in one of the houses. The one plus one house was owned by Mannubhai Patel. He had given his ground floor house to Manoj Nirbhavane.
The cylinder blast happened in one plus one house. Residents rushed to the upper floor. Thereafter, the said house collapsed on other houses wherein 11 people were stranded.
Rescue ops and investigation
After the incident Mumbai fire brigade, local Police and BMC ward officers rushed to the spot to rescue the people. The injured were taken to hospital in private vehicles.
Ravidnra Ambulgekar, Chief Fire brigade officer of Mumbai said " Our investigation is going on. We can tell the exact reason for the fire after the investigation gets over. but in prima facie view, There are burn injuries to two victims and there could be chances of gas leakage in one of the houses, which later accumulated in the house. The accumulated gas got spark from electricity or gas sigdi and bursted out and caused houses to collapse."