Representative Image
Representative Image

Mumbai: A 17-year-old youth sustained 65 per cent burns, while another man was injured after they were electrocuted due to contact with a high voltage wire in Samta Nagar on Wednesday. Police have arrested the contractor and booked him under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and Juvenile Justice Act for endangering their lives.

According to police sources, the incident occurred in Bihar Tekdi at Poisar area in Kandivali (E), at a society where a contractor had appointed five men, including a minor boy, aged 17 years, to do the repair work of the ground-plus-one structure. Police said that the victim was working on the terrace, when he accidentally came in contact with a high voltage electrical wire that electrocuted him at the spot, and injured another in the process.

Both injured were immediately rushed to the civic-run Shatabdi Hospital, where the teen was shifted to Sion Hospital due to the severe burn injuries and the other man was treated for his minor burn injuries. Samta Nagar Police registered a complaint against the contractor, Abdul Qureshi alias Pappu Contractor, for endangering lives and not giving protective gear as well as sections of Juvenile Justice Act. Qureshi was subsequently held and produced before a local magistrate court on Thursday.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in