MHADA lottery: Seeking home in Mumbai? Lottery for 4,000 houses to be out soon; here's how you can apply

The homes will be available under all the four income brackets of Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Low Income Group (LIG), Middle Income Group (MIG) and High Income Group (HIG).

Ateeq ShaikhUpdated: Friday, January 27, 2023, 05:40 PM IST
article-image
MHADA | File pic

Mumbai: In March, the Mumbai Housing and Area Development Board (MHADB) will come out with a lottery draw to sell around 4,000 homes.

The details of the lottery draw were shared on Friday by the officials of the housing department. A major bulk of the units will be in the Pahadi area of Goregaon West (about 2,200 homes) on the Link Road and the balance will be in the areas of Powai, Sion, Borivali, etc.

The homes will be available under all the four income brackets of Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Low Income Group (LIG), Middle Income Group (MIG) and High Income Group (HIG).

60% of 4,000 homes for economically weak and low income section

Approximately 60% of the 4,000 homes to be sold will be available under the EWS and LIG categories. The remaining 40% will be for the MIG and HIG.

The flats in the EWS and LIG categories will be priced at around ₹ 35 lakh and ₹ 45 lakh respectively. Apartment prices for MIG and HIG are yet to get finalised.

The lottery is likely to temporarily disrupt the sale of residences available with private developers.

Unlike earlier occasions, the applicant will have to submit all documents at the time of applying for the home. A software has been designed to filter ineligible submissions and compile a final list of applicants. Earlier, such documentation took place after the results of the lottery were announced.

The home winners will be required to make the payment within 30-45 days of the lottery and take possession of the apartment. Earlier the entire process to make payment and take possession used to take at least 4-5 months.

INCOME GROUP CLASSIFICATION

Economically Weaker Section: Up to ₹ 6 lakh per annum
Low Income Group: Up to ₹ 9 lakh per annum
Middle Income Group: Up to ₹ 12 lakh per annum
High Income Group: Above ₹ 12 lakh per annum

Steps to apply for MHADA home

1. Go to website for registration : www.mhada.gov.in/en

2. Create 'username'

3. Select specific lottery and scheme

4. Make online payment for lottery through netbanking

5. Lottery registration fees will depend on income group.

List of required documents:

Aadhaar card

Birth certificate

Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra

Eligible driving license

PAN card

Bank account details

Passport

School leaving Certificate

Voter ID Card

Eligibility to apply for lottery:

Must be 18 years old, children can't apply

Certificate of domicile

A candidate for a Low Income Group apartment must make between ₹ 25,001 and ₹ 50,000 per month.

An applicant for a Middle Income Group apartment must make between ₹ 50,001 and ₹ 75,000 per month.

A candidate for a High Income Group apartment must make at least ₹ 75,001 each month.

(If you have a story in and around Mumbai, you have our ears, be a citizen journalist and send us your story here. )

(To receive our E-paper on WhatsApp daily, please click here.  To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Thane: 75-year-old woman falls from chair inside locked flat; rescued

Thane: 75-year-old woman falls from chair inside locked flat; rescued

Thane: Electric two-wheeler catches fire on Eastern Express Highway; visuals surface

Thane: Electric two-wheeler catches fire on Eastern Express Highway; visuals surface

BMC Budget 2023: Mumbai civic body to train school students in these new age courses

BMC Budget 2023: Mumbai civic body to train school students in these new age courses

BMC Budget 2023: Mumbai civic body announces clean air initiative in city

BMC Budget 2023: Mumbai civic body announces clean air initiative in city

BMC Budget 2023: Mumbai Coastal Road, GMLR projects get massive funding boost

BMC Budget 2023: Mumbai Coastal Road, GMLR projects get massive funding boost