Mumbai: The Maharashtra government will set up a single window facility in film and TV serial production houses seeking permission for outdoor shootings, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis Thursday said in the Legislative Council. Fadnavis was responding to a privilege motion moved by Kiran Pawaskar (NCP) in the Council over the alleged attack on a film crew in the Mira Road area of adjoining Thane district.
The facility will become operational from August 15, he said. The cast and crew of ALTBalaji's under-production show “Fixer”, a web series, were attacked on Tuesday. “Shooting for serials and movies is a big business in this region. There are coordinators who help production houses during their outdoor shootings.
“The Mira Road conflict, prima facie, was said to be triggered due to competition between two such coordinators. "The state government will launch a digital platform for movie and TV serial production houses on August 15, where all the necessary permissions can be obtained through a single window," Fadnavis said. On measures to provide protection to such shootings, he said, "Out of the eight accused persons (in the Thane attack), five have been arrested so far. “Orders of initiating strict action against all the accused have been given.” "I have also asked investigating officials to find out the background of the accused persons. If they have criminal background, sections of the MCOCA can be invoked against them," Fadnavis said.