Representative Image
Representative Image
Unsplash

Two Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited personnel were booked for allegedly causing death by negligence in connection with the electrocution of a three-year-old boy in Nagpur, police said on Sunday.

The child died on Thursday after accidentally touching a distribution point box installed in Sirsi village and a probe found that the incident took place because its two doors had not been kept locked as is mandated, a Bela police station official said.

MSDCL Sirsi sub station junior Hemantrao Dalal and helper Jameel Shaikh were booked under section 304A of IPC, but have not been arrested, he said.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

Free Press Journal

www.freepressjournal.in