CM Devendra Fadnavis Accuses Congress Of Staging Pune Event Ruckus For Political Publicity

CM Devendra Fadnavis Accuses Congress Of Staging Pune Event Ruckus For Political Publicity

Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday alleged that the Congress programme ruckus in Pune was pre-panned and accused the party of using students and influencers for publicity. Speaking in Navi Mumbai, he claimed Rahul Gandhi's events involved deliberate controversies to attract media attention. Fadnavis said Pune allegations would be investigated and action taken against those responsible.

Raina AssainarUpdated: Saturday, August 22, 2026, 08:44 PM IST
CM Devendra Fadnavis Accuses Congress Of Staging Pune Event Ruckus For Political Publicity
CM Devendra Fadnavis Accuses Congress Of Staging Pune Event Ruckus For Political Publicity | X & File Pic

Navi Mumbai: Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday alleged that the ruckus at a Congress programme in Pune was pre-planned and accused the party of using students and influencers to generate political publicity. He also described Rahul Gandhi’s programmes as “event management”, alleging that controversies were deliberately created even before events began to attract media attention.

Fadnavis Targets Rahul Gandhi’s Programmes Over Event Management Remark

Fadnavis was speaking in Navi Mumbai during the launch of the ‘Campus Connect–Drug-Free Awareness Campaign’, an initiative of the Navi Mumbai Police to spread awareness among students about drug abuse.

“Rahul Gandhi’s programmes have become more about event management. A controversy is created before the programme begins and publicity is then generated around it,” Fadnavis said.

CM Claims Controversies Created Before Events For Media Attention

Referring to the Pune incident, the Chief Minister alleged that students from colleges associated with Congress leaders, were brought into the programme for political purposes. He also claimed that influencers had been invited and instructed to create favourable publicity for the Congress.

Fadnavis said the allegations made by Navnath Ban were supported by evidence and that the entire Pune incident would be investigated. He added that action would be taken against those found responsible.

To get details on exclusive and budget-friendly property deals in Mumbai & surrounding regions, do visit: https://budgetproperties.in/