Only 48% of BMC's allocated budget for 2020-21 was spent
Facing a massive "financial crisis" due to covid-19 pandemic, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) claimed to have spent only 48 percent of its budget allocated in 2020-21 fiscal year on various development projects, however, several big-ticket projects such as waste to energy plant at Deonar, the Tansa cycling tracks, Mumbai Sewage Disposal Project (MSDP), Goregaon-Mulund Link Road (GMLR) are developing at snail's pace. Read more.
BMC budget should focus on strengthening health infrastructure and tax collection: Corporators
Civic body allocates Rs 2945.78 cr for education in FY 2021-22
BMC presents Education budget of Rs 2945.78 cr for financial year 2021-22.
40 YouTube channels started for online education during COVID-19 pandemic
The civic body said that it started 40 YouTube channels for online education during COVID-19 pandemic.
Budget allocation for education sector
New projects for the academic year 2021-22
1. In order to maintain Covid-19 SOPs in all BMC schools, free face masks, hand sanitisers and hand wash will be provided to all students when schools reopen offline.Budget allocation: Rs 15.90 crore
2. In order to change the image of BMC schools in the minds of the common people, BMC school logos will be changed to Mumbai Public School (MPS)..963 primary level schools
224 middle schoolsWill be called MPS schools and will have a new logo.
3. 20 playgrounds out of a total of 63 BMC school playgrounds will be developed in phases.BE: Rs 5 lakh
4. Since BMC schools cater to education for students from Class 1 to 8, students often face inconvenience to secure admissions for higher secondary education once they finish Class 8. Schools will be extended till Class 10 wherever possible. New 24 schools will be started soon.
5. 10 new CBSE board schools will be started.2 schools will be started in city, 3 in western suburbs and 5 in eastern suburbs. According to CBSE board norms, 40 students will be accommodated per class. Schools will cater from Junior KG to Senior KG to Class 6. Admission will start from February 2021. BE: Rs 2 crore.
6. Balwadi curriculum is being improved and streamlined by foundations such as UNICEF, Pratham, Save the Children India and Rocket Learning. The programme is being implemented in 819 Balwadis.
7. Career Counselling and guidance to be coducted for Higher Secondary education students from March 2021 via WhatsApp, Chatboard. BE: Rs 21.10 lakh.
8. Redressal committee to be formed for Safety of Children and Protection of Child Rights through Teach for India foundation.
Civic chief Iqbal Singh Chahal presents budget of Rs 39,038.83 cr for FY 2021-22
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation's budget estimate for the Financial Year 2021-22 is Rs 39038.83 crores. It exceeds the budget estimate of previous Financial Year 2020-21 of Rs 33441.02 by 16.74%.
Provision of Rs 5 cr proposed for bifurcation of P/North ward into P/East and P/West
A provision of Rs 5 cr has been proposed in the 2021-22 civic budget for the bifurcation of P/North ward into P/East and P/West.
BMC allocates Rs 5 crore for OPD on wheels which will provide medical assistance to needy across Mumbai
BMC has allotted Rs 5 crore for the Outpatient Department (OPD) on wheels which will provide medical assistance and personal health to the needy across the city.
Maharashtra government owes Rs 5,274.16 crores to BMC
Maharashtra government owes Rs 5,274.16 crores to BMC on account of property tax, water and sewerage charges, and grant-in-aid etc
BMC allocates Rs 4,278 crore for health in FY 2021-22
BMC has estimated a health budget of Rs 4,278 crore for the year 2021-22.
Budgetary provision of Rs 200 cr made in FY 2021-22 for beautification of footpath, Mumbai street food hub project
A budgetary provision of Rs 200 crores made in fiscal 2021-22 for beautification of footpath, traffic island, space below flyovers, wall painting and Mumbai street food hub project.
Monetary compensation to Project Affected Persons (PAPs)
BMC is in the process of formulating a policy to accommodate PAPs who are not willing to translocate very far from their original residence. Token provision of Rs 100 Cr has been kept towards this objective.
BMC proposes to undertake the work of 12 bridges at an estimated cost of Rs 1675 cr
BMC has proposed to undertake the work of 12 bridges at an estimated cost of Rs 1675 crore through MRIDCL.