Finding Love Again: 72% of women are ready to date online after divorce, finds survey

Dating can be challenging in the modern world and dating after a divorce can be even more but new age women are determined to find their second shot at happiness

FPJ Features DeskUpdated: Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 08:16 PM IST
article-image
Freepik

Ending a marriage can make you rethink the idea of love and why not? Divorce not just changes your perception of love, but it also affects your outlook on relationships. Dating can be challenging in the modern world and dating after a divorce can be even more but new age women are determined to find their second shot at happiness.

According to a survey conducted by a dating app QuackQuack on its female users, it was revealed that women don’t let their divorces prevent them from finding happiness anymore and are ready to take a dive into the dating pool post-divorce.

Here are some surprising finds of the survey:

  • The survey showed that a solid 67% of female users belonging to metropolitan areas were open to the idea of finding love again and started dating just within a year of their divorce. A minority of 33% of users were guarded about the idea of dating but didn’t nullify it totally.

  • 72% of the users above the age of 30 years were ready to jump in the dating game after their divorce. Only a minority of 28% of them feared moving onto a new relationship before blowing the ghosts of the past away and 65% were looking for long-term boyfriends instead of a serious commitment. The remaining 35% wanted to get married and settle down in life again.

  • Single mothers falling in the age group of 25-35 wanted a husband instead of a boyfriend.

  • 67% of the users prefered online dating as it was a safer option than offline dating. It helped them take things slow, understand the person better and decide if they want to give in their 100% commitment or not.

  • On the other hand, 33% of the users liked the traditional methods of meeting like being introduced to someone through a friend or a colleague.

  • 75% of the users believed that a divorce changes your outlook and makes you grow differently so what once gave your butterflies may not be what you need in a partner anymore.

(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. To receive it on Telegram, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper's PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)

RECENT STORIES

Latest trend in 'oxidised jewellery' during this wedding season

Latest trend in 'oxidised jewellery' during this wedding season

Dr Rajendra Prasad Birth Anniversary: Interesting facts about the first president and quotes given...

Dr Rajendra Prasad Birth Anniversary: Interesting facts about the first president and quotes given...

‘Taste Obsession’ pop-up series by Singapore in partnership with The Soul Company brings the...

‘Taste Obsession’ pop-up series by Singapore in partnership with The Soul Company brings the...

Silk Smitha birth anniversary: 13 facts about the late sensuous actress

Silk Smitha birth anniversary: 13 facts about the late sensuous actress

2 easy and creamy recipes for those cosy weekend nights

2 easy and creamy recipes for those cosy weekend nights