Indore: The Indore Development Authority (IDA) on Wednesday presented its budget for the financial year 2019-2020. The total expenses for the fiscal would be Rs 423 crore while total income is said to be around Rs 425 crore.
Apart from major focus on infrastructure, construction of an Inter State Bus Terminal (ISBT) at 8.68 hectare land in scheme 139 and 169-A (Super Corridor) with a cost of Rs 50 crore is the top priority of IDA. The terminal is proposed to have an arrival and departure block along with parking facility. Development work of proposed bus terminal in scheme-54 will also be done in this fiscal year.
The civic authority has also focused on several public-oriented facilities this time around. To meet the electricity requirements of schemes 139, 136 and 78, a 132/32 KV electricity sub centre is proposed in scheme 139 area. The centre will be designed by MP Power Transmission Company Ltd Jabalpur.
Construction of Anandvan Phase-3 in scheme 140 is proposed in this year’s budget. A multi-storey 5550 square feet residential building will be constructed which will have 20 commercial shops and 120 residential apartments.
- The budget includes proposed construction of bus stand in Mundla Nayata at three hectare area.
- Under the master plan the remaining two kilometres of the RW-2 (Western Ring Road) which will be 75 meters broad will be completed in this fiscal. The road will help in connecting route from Super Corridor to Dhar Road. This will improve the connectivity between airport and Pithampur as well.
- The construction of swimming pool of global standard (costing 22 crores) at Ring Road Sector F is proposed to finish by December 2019.
- A sum of Rs 10 crore is earmarked for the maintenance and development of greenery in the city.
- Also, the flyover bridge at Pipliyahana Square is proposed to be finished in this fiscal. The construction of bridge will reduce the traffic burden in the area and would help smooth flow of traffic flow.
- The construction of Shahid Memorial at Eastern Ring Road is also proposed to be concluded by this year.